Options

Discussion

Feature is rejected
Buying books 2013-12-28 01:34:49
    Hey, here's a cool idea- why not encourage your members to actually PAY for books/games etc instead of stealing them?
    • 2013-12-28 05:03:16
    I agree with the previous guest. Why are you stealing our books? Why are you giving them away?
    • 2013-12-28 18:54:02
    What this site is doing is actually illegal. Remember folks, this is stealing! Theft is an indictable offence. Also, nothing you do on the internet is untraceable. Whether you offer it for sale (even free, which is copyright violation)or you purchase or download such content, it's illegal. In short, you're all thieves.
    • 2013-12-28 19:03:49
    Actually, never mind, folks...this is a Smashwords promo site, and it only offers a couple of chapters free...if they want to read more, they have a link to purchase the book at Smashwords. My apologies to the owners of this site.
    • 2013-12-29 19:03:25
    My books are only offered on Amazon....but someone copied them here. I am NOT happy.
    • 2014-01-09 23:51:19
    Sounds like a post from someone at the site... THIS IS NOT A PROMO site - it allows the download of the entire book.
    • 2013-12-29 22:15:15
    All Books authored by Allison Knight have been stolen. These books have a valid copyright held by the author. Any copy of this material offered here is illegal and punishable under the laws of the United States.
    • 2013-12-30 06:00:33
    All books by Joanne Schwehm are copywrited and this site has stolen them. If you download them you are stealing and have infringed on a protected work which is a federal offense. These works will be checked and if downloaded appropriate action will be taken against all parties.
    • 2013-12-30 10:26:39
    This is the second time I've asked for my books to be removed from this site. I didn't give permission for my books to be put here and downloaded and I can't imagine that General Community is going to pay me for the downloads that have already happened.
    This is stealing.
    • 2013-12-30 16:17:37
    If it were only a link to chapters site, (promo) it would not have books free that are not Free on smashwords or anywhere. Free books offered by authors are not (public domain books) they cant legally be downloaded by people and uploaded to other sites without the copyright holders permission. The books I found here could be downloaded fully, for free. That is a copyright violation. They aren't public domain/free books. One trio of books are under exclusive contract with Whiskey creek press. They allow no copying of material from their publisher store, and do not allow free downloads of their book/files.

Gayle Eden, Eve Asbury
    • 2014-01-02 01:08:13
    All books by P. J. Dean are copywrited and this site has stolen them. If you download them you are stealing and have infringed on a protected work which is a federal offense. These works will be checked and if downloaded appropriate action will be taken against all parties.

P. J. Dean, author with Extasy Books
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-06 08:11:16
    Dear Guest,
    Our service doesn't host any files, all you may find with General Files is in the public domain, therefore our search engine evaluating user's queries doesn't infringe or violate any rights.
    This is how the matters stand.
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-07 08:45:16
    Also if any hyperlinks to your copyrighted material were found on our search engine result pages and you want this material removed, just provide us with a correct infringement notice sending it via the contact form
    • 2014-01-09 00:01:00
    Owl, sorry to burst your bubble. One, I am not the same guest who posted the cease and desist letter, but I am a publisher. You are not functioning as a search engine. I went ahead and tried to download 'free' content to a priced, non-free ebook that my company holds copyright too. The system wanted me to 'complete an offer' in order to access the 'free' content. Also, in other sections of your forums, the offering of cracking serial codes for this or that, you or not, institute illegal activity on this site. Any revenue earned from completing those offers would never go to our hard working authors.

I can assure you that the WHOIS Privacy Protection services won't save you from an indictment. If you trace my IP, as I'm sure any admin worth their salt would have IP logging turned on, you're going to find out that I'm in Oklahoma City. That I'm using Chrome and Windows 7. Copy this message, copy my IP, and run to the police with it. Beg for their protection. This is the only warning you're going to get. Once you turn yourself in and the local authorities trace me down and give me a call, I'll gladly share with them the pirated information and revenue stealing system you have, that is under my copyright.

This is how the matter stands for you. Do not take this lightly. I see through your schemes and manipulation.
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-09 12:48:34
    Hello!
    Sorry, but we are not responsible for the illegal activity other sites promote: all we do is search for required files on the internet.
    Also we don't work with websites that contain violent content, content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others, but sometimes we are simply unable to escape some unpleasant situations that occur from time to time.
    And we have never offered cracking serial codes.
    • 2014-01-09 23:02:41
    BULL This site is hosting copyrighted books for download. THAT IS ILLEGAL. You can promote yourselves as simply a search engine, but the truth is, you have the books listed for free download making YOU responsible for distributing copyrighted material. That's illegal.
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-10 08:13:31
    You are sadly mistaken, Dear Guest.
    To prove your claims we suggest you to give at least one file link hosted on our service.
    • 2014-01-09 00:04:35
    Oh, and one more thing, Owl. I know that your servers are hosted in Florida. You know, the actual physical location of those servers. I'm sure the Florida AG would love to pull the plug on your operation, once I file legal notice of your criminal activity with him. Just something for you to think about.
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-09 12:55:13
    Dear Guest, all your accuses are absolutely groundless. :(
    And we are sorry to hear such things from you.
    Hope you'll change your mind someday.
    Yours faithfully.
    • 2014-01-09 20:15:15
    Absolutely - hosting "free" e-books is illegal unless the author has given express authorization. I've sent copyright violation letters via the contact form and via the "report copyright issues" buttons.

Pirating copyrighted material is NOT a victimless crime. The authors, publishers, and even those who pay for their copies are all victims. I suggest you remove ALL e-books that are not part of public domain. That will resolve your issues.
    • Owl
    • 2014-01-10 08:25:28
    We would do this with a great pleasure!
    That's why we are so greatfull to our users for any help they provide in finding and removing illegal content!
    • bulvinkl
    • 2014-01-10 14:40:58
    Dear users! We doesn't host any files. We just index the internet, find links and share this links with users. We collect links from on-line stores (it's legal links) and download sites. There are not only free books on download sites . Also on download sites there located books with copyright violations.

Our bots can't recognize which books are free and which books were shared with copyright violations. We try to remove the links with copyright viloations from our index, but it's very hard work. Please instead abusing our service, help us to clean our database: submit reports about violations and we will remove the links.

We love books and we love authors. We like book reading. And by this reason we created General EBooks. We want to make best resource, which will help users to find books, download free books, and buy legal books.

We are not enemies for authors. If you are author, please help us: send us links, where users will be able to buy your books legally. Also, please, send us our links, where your copyrights were violated.

With best regards, "Bulvinkl", founder of General EBooks.
    • 2014-01-10 19:13:01
    So much fuss already.
    BOOKS SHOULD BE FREE!
    (read: it shan't cost the reader a penny.)
    Authors' sustenance can easily be made thru new ways of advt. Sounds Dumb? Well, that's for future to tell.
    Thanks G.B.!
    • 2014-01-10 22:12:27
    If you had one iota of the time and energy and author spends writing a book, you wouldn't think they should be free. Have you ever tried to write a book? A good book that people want to read? I doubt it.

Should all movies be free? Authors spend a ton of money learning to write well. Why should they not get paid a measly pittance when Hollywood is making millions an hour? I don't begrudge them what they earn, but a good ebook costs around $$10.00 and reading it will last a few days, plus you can re-read it. Going to see a new movie is a good $10.00/per person and you spend an hour and a half, then it's over.
    • 2014-01-10 22:20:24
    If you aren't enemies of authors, why don't you remove the links once they're submitting? Why does it say it's downloading from your site?
    • bulvinkl
    • 2014-01-11 01:11:50
    Hm.... How you send links? Via contact form? When you send links? We process all requests in 72 hours.
    • demonluo
    • 2014-01-11 03:59:13
    :( just another copyright troll, might as well tell police/obama to shut down google for their "obviously suspected" illegal copyright violation of services, eg, google search/google image/google video/google book/google document/google drive & don't forget youtube & blogger cos they can be use for too many illegal purposes & have already proven that someone will gone nuts & start killing themselves or take another person lives after seeing their own leaked naked photo/video from their ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend & btw, u might also want to tell obama to sent a dozen of swat team/army/drone to destroy whoever selling gun (in usa w license!)/knife/chainsaw/baseball bat/oil/pen/tin-can/glass bottle cos its too obvious that it can also be use too kill...

anyway, since this site obviously comply w dmca like google, so it must be legal or else just go & tell police/obama to shut down all the google services first just to prove this site illegal!
    • 2014-07-17 03:38:14
    This site doesn't comply with ANYTHING. They take down a single book, if the author happens to find out about it and requests it. Exactly as I did today. Me...an author. There are so many sites that Google hosts which are illegal. You want to tell me that this site isn't doing anything wrong, when they're allowing downloads of my books for free? Tell me, if I'm supposed to give my shit away, how do I feed my family? You can try to be witty or whatever makes you feel better about being a thief, but you're stealing if you download a pirated copy of any content. Simple as that.

I own my copyright, and this site allows people to download it for free without my permission. Tell me...is that legal? If you read the first few pages of my illegally downloaded content, do you know what it says? It says it's mine...it says I don't allow it to be downloaded, shared, reproduced, etc without my permission. NOT. LEGAL.

According to your logic, obviously felons who have guns aren't doing anything wrong because they haven't been caught yet. Uh, no. This site isn't legal by any stretch of the imagination...it just hasn't been caught yet. Neither have you. But beware, it's coming.
    • demonluo
    • 2014-01-12 04:38:55
    do i say anything racist to obama in this topic?
    no!!!

u r the famous spammer bobmail aka alec dumass fatty aka (insert whatever random name here) from torrentfreak right, always the same racist/pedophilia/hebephilia/ephebophilia/zoophilia/homosexual crap argument plus defamation thingy when u can't think of anything useful to say...

ps: this is my last post on this topic (coz i don't want to feed any more troll from this dumass guy)...
    • 2014-01-12 08:25:33
    You seem all pent up. Try finding a woman.
    • lindalinda
    • 2014-05-30 06:28:30
    lol
    • sombras.misterio
    • 2014-07-22 23:16:21
    theres a place called library if ever found one don´t burnde down cose it´s not pirating ok if somoane let me read his or her book copy it´s not pirating I am tired of this idiots in EUA who don´t acept the conpect of a library in the internet ps i am dislexic and inglesh it´s not my first langueg and my net is from public acces a dont heve money tho by books in englesh to study so fuck

Add message

Login via services

Site Stats

Files total: 462 331 358

Invalid files deleted yesterday:46 717
Added by users in total:19 893 682
Added by users yesterday:30
Indexed by Crawler in total:442 437 676
Indexed by Crawler yesterday:18 617

General Downloader

Downloads:454 006
Downloads yesterday:1