Options

Discussion

Feature is under review
How can I make an epub? 2014-07-15 05:50:26
    • Godfather
    Hi all.
    Before I got a tablet I purchased a hardback book entitled Arc Light,by Eric l Harry,its a fantastic book.

I have been searching the internet to find an epub of this book only to find that it is not available as an epub, I have even,via amazon, asked Eric L Harry to produce an epub version,but still no joy.

I was wondering how I went about making an epub of this book,some sites I look at say its easy,others say you need a degree in quantum physics.
    any advice people?

Thanks in advance.
    • Owl
    • 2014-07-15 14:13:02
    Hi Godfather!
    It's not a quantum physics, but I'm not sure you want to jump into this rabbit hole for the purpose of digitizing only one book :) First you will need to scan the paper book and recognize the scanned text with one or another software (easy but time consuuuuuming part). Then spellchecking (takes time too). Then converting the text into the format you need (fast). But you know what? Maybe we already have what you are looking for. Check this please: http://www.general-ebooks.com/book/72705730-arc-light
    Regards
    Owl
    • Godfather
    • 2014-07-15 14:19:59
    Thanks Owl.
    It is only the one book. Its one of those favorites that I cannot put down and can read time and time again sort of books.

I will have a look at the link that you gave me, thanks for that, I dont understand how I missed this one,I thought I had looked everywhere.
    Thanks for your help and advice.
    Regards
    Godfather

• 2014-07-17 03:26:07
    Turning a paperback into an ebook without the author's written permission is in violation of copyright laws, which this site is famous for. Most books you find on this site are pirated copies. ILLEGAL pirated copies. Please, be a decent human being, and don't act like these people. For the love of all that is holy, just search for the ebook on Amazon etc and buy it. If it's not available to buy anywhere, it's because the author didn't want it in ebook form to be pirated like many of these books are...including my own.
    • 2014-07-17 03:26:55
    Turning a paperback into an ebook without the author's written permission is in violation of copyright laws, which this site is famous for. Most books you find on this site are pirated copies. ILLEGAL pirated copies. Please, be a decent human being, and don't act like these people. For the love of all that is holy, just search for the ebook on Amazon etc and buy it. If it's not available to buy anywhere, it's because the author didn't want it in ebook form to be pirated like many of these books are...including my own.
    • Godfather
    • 2014-07-17 06:20:21
    I have followed the link that was given to me in a response to my original question and purchased an epub version of the book from there.
    • 2014-07-18 09:37:28
    Guest, don't worry about it, it's another way to get your name out there and one day you'll have millions of dollars and will sit in a huge mansion and won't worry if pirates have stolen your work because you'll be too busy quaffing champagne and celebrating to care. Besides, I've placed a curse on pirates and karma will get them, sooner or later. Karma and curses loves thieves and those who steal and who don't have a conscience; who can't be bothered to pay for a book, the hard work of an author. So when pirates start to have bad things happen to them in life, they've brought it upon themselves. Curses work. It's justice.
    • 2014-07-25 04:21:02
    My book has also been stolen and is illegally offered on this site. I'm disabled and very ill--too ill to be able to write any more books. So in my case, no, I'll definitely not have millions of dollars and a huge mansion someday. I'll give an educated guess that 95% of the authors whose books are offered here are poor, everyday people who need those few dollars for food and clothes and such. So please, use the links to buy the books from legitimate sites--don't steal them through the Best Library free download.

Godfather, thanks for buying the one you were looking for from a real store.
    • Owl
    • 2014-07-25 13:15:48
    Hello authors and legal representatives! Please make a DMCA content removal claim and the link to your book will be removed asap. However the ebook will STILL BE AVAILABLE from where the removed link was directing too. Please understand that our website is just a catalog of links, something like a search engine which is more or less the same as Google or Yahoo. This website DOES NOT store (host) your or any other books of magazines. It just automatically FINDS the places where they are stored and shows the links to that places. When we, according to the content removal claim, delete the links, it does not affect the very file of an ebook which is stored somewhere else NOR does it affect the links to that file on any other website, as we are definitely not the only catalog/search engine out there which has found and shows the links to your book.

Regards
    Owl
    • Godfather
    • 2014-07-25 14:35:36
    I would like to add to the comment made by Owl.

I recently asked if anybody could help me find a book by Eric L Harry entitled Arc Light.

Owl responded to my question with a link that directed me to three different sites, 2 of which I could not get the book that I was after,however,the third address in the link directed me to Barnes and Noble,where I could buy the book,which I did.
    So once again, Thank you Owl.

Add message

Login via services

Site Stats

Files total: 462 331 358

Invalid files deleted yesterday:46 717
Added by users in total:19 893 682
Added by users yesterday:30
Indexed by Crawler in total:442 437 676
Indexed by Crawler yesterday:18 617

General Downloader

Downloads:454 006