Options

Discussion

Feature is under review
An Great Idea - Name Names 2014-06-07 19:43:42
    • VVance
    I, as an author, have sent numerous requests to have my work removed from this site. If this site does not support the piracy of copyrighted works, then please give me the handles used by those who originally and illegally uploaded my work in the first place. This helps me with a starting point for legal action and doesn't further sully your image. What about that, Owl?
    • 2014-06-08 23:00:40
    Hi My name is Rachel E. Rice and I have discovered my books on this site by mistake. I have never heard of it nor did I upload my books. Could someone tell me what is going on with this site? Who can give me answers as to why my books are here?

Rachel E. Rice
    • Owl
    • 2014-06-12 11:12:15
    Dear Ms. Rice, we found them. All links were removed.
    As for this site, it's basically a search engine (like a Google but for all kind of files, including books) and your titles were automatically found on some 3rd party site and the download links to them were indexed.
    Just in case, here's a from for submitting the infringing links to us
    http://www.general-community.com/contacts
    • JonnyNoThumbs
    • 2014-06-10 13:45:52
    Hello to both of you.
    There is a page and a system, for dealing with your claims. You make your claim of copyright ownership and the files are then removed from the site. This is how it works all over the internet.
    You need to go:
    http://www.general-world.com/dmca
    and you will find a link to the form where you can report the copyright violation.
    I am neither a staff member or an admin of this site, merely a user who supports a fair society.
    I hope you get what you are looking for.
    • 2014-07-19 04:56:05
    I have to ask how is it fair that a product that I sell is being downloaded for free from this site? I produced it, I have it available for sale at a marketplace. Because you didn't go that specific marketplace in order to purchase, do you believe that that makes it fair for the producer? I make no income from a free download, nor am I naive enough to think that someone who would download a book from this site would ever purchase one. This is theft, plain and simple. Please don't believe this is anything else.
    • Owl
    • 2014-06-12 11:30:37
    Dear Ms. Vance, what was your email that you used to send us requests? We process the abuse claims asap, but we can't find them in the inbox. Well, anyway we found the titles with your name and removed all download links.
    Just in case, this is a dedicated form for sending abuse claims for faster processing http://www.general-community.com/contacts
    Regards

Add message

Login via services

Site Stats

Files total: 442 772 918

Invalid files deleted yesterday:32
Added by users in total:19 890 723
Added by users yesterday:224
Indexed by Crawler in total:422 882 195
Indexed by Crawler yesterday:486 737

General Downloader

Downloads:453 984